The new stainless steel Mil-Tec MKIV has a number of improvements over its predecessor the MKIII. Although the MKIII had a screw down crown the MKIV has an increased water resistance rating to 100 metres (10atm or 330ft) and also in addition to the increased water resistance rating we have added higher visibility hands to the subsidiary dials which makes the hands much easier to see when the watch is being utilized in military and aviation applications as well as routine day to day uses which necessitate precise timing requirements. Although the watch was specifically designed to meet the needs of military aircrews it is also ideal for airline, GA pilots and marine applications.
The actual case size is 45mm and the chronograph uses a Ronda 5040.D movement with extended 54 month battery life. One of the biggest benefits of this movement is that Ronda in Switzerland designed it to use a standard 395 battery which means any watchmaker or jeweller will have a stock of this item because it is used by such a high number of current superior quality quartz watches.
Technical Details of this Military Chronograph
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 5040.D
- Case Diameter: 42mm exc crown and 45mm inc crown
- Lug to Lug 48mm
- Thickness: 12mm
- Dial Colour: black
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Caseback: 316L stainless steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 10atm (100m or 330ft)
- Battery: 395 / expected life around 54 months
- Glass: Hardened Mineral Glass
- Strap: 20mm NATO Webbing Strap
- Illumination - Super Luminova