This GMT dual time zone watch in stainless steel finish is one of our latest watches and has a high performance quartz Ronda 515.24 movement housed in a robust 100m / 330ft water resistant steel casing which makes the watch suitable for swimming and snorkelling.
The concept behind GMT watches is very clever, not because they are in any way particularly complex but because the technology behind them is so incredibly simple. On a conventional watch the hour hand is designed to travel around the dial over a 12 hour period, all that is needed in order to create a GMT watch is to add a second hour hand.
Using a GMT watch could not be easier because the 24-hour hand circles the dial once a day instead of twice with a normal hour hand, its tip indicates the corresponding hour and because it’s operating on the 24 hour timescale there can be no confusion between a.m. and p.m.
We initially produced these watches for airline and naval pilots because the watch enables them to see the time in two different time zones. Because this watch uses a quartz movement it is ideal for people who require a hassle free low maintenance watch and who tend to either travel frequently or operate in two different time-zones.
The GMT watch is a variant of the 100m G10 general service watches and is very rugged and designed to survive the most extreme of conditions. The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight 60g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova
- Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 10atm (100m/330ft)
- Glass: Hardened Mineral Glass
- Movement: Ronda 515.24 with date window
- Strap: 2 x 20mm NATO issue strap (1 black and 1 grey)